So what is a superhero? In the comics and the movies, superheroes aren't simply beings with super-powers; they have a code of conduct that defines their person and sanctifies their mission. Here are two components of a superhero's makeup:
- a strong moral code, including a willingness to risk one's own safety in the service of good without expectation of reward.
- a motivation, such as a sense of responsibility, a formal calling... or a strong belief in justice and humanitarian service.
- To protect the weak and defenseless
- To give succor to widows and orphans
- To refrain from the wanton giving of offense
- To despise pecuniary reward
- To fight for the welfare of all
- To eschew unfairness, meanness and deceit
- At all times to speak the truth
So how does your favorite politician live up to the Superhero Standard?