Monday, December 3, 2007

Best Opening Line Ever

I just watched I ♥ Huckabees again on Saturday, and I must say that Jason Schwartzman's inner dialog at the beginning of the film is genius:
Motherfucking cocksucker, motherfucking shit-fucker, what am I doing? What am I doing? I don't know what I'm doing. I'm doing the best that I can. I know that's all I can ask of myself. Is that good enough? Is my work doing any good? Is anybody paying attention? Is it hopeless to try and change things? The African guy is a sign, right? Because if he isn't then nothing in this world makes any sense to me; I'm fucked.

Maybe I should quit. Don't quit. Maybe I should just fucking quit. Don't fucking quit. Just, I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to do anymore. Fucker. Fuck. Shit.
Pretty much my soliloquy every fucking morning.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Yeah, samesies. I have to agree with ya there.

Anonymous said...

Navy Seals is much better.

Knight of Nothing said...

Dude! you need to man up and sign your name to your comments, ya big girly man. Or at least leave the opening line to Navy Seals (which sucked ass, by the way).