Friday, March 2, 2007

Overheard

There was a crazy person on the bus today. He looked like Grizzly Adams's angry brother. He was going off about something.

"I'm alive. I should know, there are a hundred of me. Fourteen hundred people dead. The walls collapsed in San Francisco. Berkeley Heights. Bush knows. I don't listen... "

And on and on. I really wished I had a tape recorder at that moment. Then my cell phone rang and I missed his finale. An attractive young college student standing nearby carefully slipped passed him and found a seat far away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, he's at least well informed. didn't a huge hill just come crashing down in san francisco?

kari
carlson.typepad.com

Knight of Nothing said...

Good grief, you're right - I missed that story. Must have been all the snow here in Minneapolis. I wasn't paying attention to San Fran.

Thank you for stopping by! I am familiar with your blog as well via Ladies Love TK.

I wanted to ask you how your read of Jerad Diamond's Guns, Germs, & Steel is going. A fascinating book. The "what I'm reading" is a nifty little feature; did you add it yourself? Or is it part of your standard typepad blog template?